Job Title(s): Lighting Tech/Electrician Journeyman & Lighting Tech/Electrician Apprentice
Job Location (Homebase): Fort Worth, Texas
Operating Area: DFW Metroplex / Texas
Job Type: Full-Time
Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8-10 Hour Shifts, Some Overtime
We offer potential for: Signing Bonus and Bonus Pay
WLS Lighting Systems (“WLS”) is a nation-wide provider of exterior turnkey LED upgrades and is focused on growing our field operations team! We are passionate about our employees at WLS, and we proactively strive to ensure everyone understands their value to the team. We’re looking for new teammates that have experience in the installation and maintenance of commercial lighting and controls systems. Under the general supervision of the Field Operations Director, the Electrician Lighting Tech will perform skilled electrical work in the maintenance, installation, and repair of electrical equipment and systems and performs related duties as assigned.
SALARY RANGE: $16.00 per hour – $36.00 per hour. Candidates will start at the minimum of the range unless their skills, experience, education, or other factors exceed the qualifications for the position.
The successful applicant should live in or close to the Fort Worth, Texas. Extensive travel will be required within this region, but at times throughout the state of Texas. *Regular, predictable, and punctual attendance is required.
- Domestic travel required. Ability to travel with extended stays (4-5 days) away from home.
- Fieldwork may include longer or odd hours.
Essential Job Functions
- Perform maintenance, repair, and inspection of interior and exterior lighting fixtures (fluorescent, incandescent, HID, LED).
- Replace fuses, ballasts, lamps, lamp sockets, and optics.
- Assist in construction/renovation projects by retrofitting fixtures which includes converting existing fixtures.
- Safely operate power tools and other electrical equipment.
- Install netLiNK wireless controls on new or existing projects.
- Coordination of time frames for vendors, equipment, and people resources for assigned projects.
- Maintain consistent communication with Field Logistics Manager regarding daily work duties and schedules.
- Provide leadership to crew and coordinate issues with WLS project management team.
- Responsible for placing weekly material replenishment order.
- Adhere to and promote all company and departmental policies.
- Follow safety procedures, rules, and regulations at all times.
- Provide accurate paperwork on time.
- Responsible for updating and accurately entering information in mobile field technology.
- Drive and operate equipment on service projects which may require a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL.)
- Disconnects electrical sources (up to 600 volts), uses lockout/tag-out procedures and current OSHA/PERRP requirements; reconnects and operates equipment at panel for maintenance purposes.
- Bends and installs conduits, wires, pull boxes, switchboards, and switches required in making additions, extensions, or alterations in industrial electrical systems; installs motors, controls, and transformers; modifies motor control equipment circuits, planning, laying out, and wiring the work.
- Always ensures the safety of electrical equipment and installations.
- Responds to emergency situations, as necessary.
- Observes and complies with all mandated safety rules, regulations, and protocols.
- Performs related duties as assigned by management.
Any combination of education, training and experience as listed below which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Education: High School Diploma or GED required.
- Experience: At least two (2) years journey-level experience in the installation, maintenance, and repair of industrial electrical equipment and devices.
- Must hold an active TDLR Electrical Journeyman or Master Electrician License. (required)
- Must have a current and valid Texas driver’s license. (required)
- May hold a Class B CDL. (Preferred, but not required)
Employees work in outdoor environments and are exposed to loud noise levels, cold and hot temperatures, inclement weather conditions, road hazards, vibration, confining workspace, chemicals, mechanical and/or electrical hazards, hazardous physical substances and fumes, dust, and air contaminants.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Local and national electrical codes applicable to the maintenance, installation, and repair of designated facilities.
- Methods and techniques of using diagnostic and testing equipment to determine electric system issues.
- Operational characteristics of a wide range of electrical systems, devices, and components.
- Safety rules, regulations, and protocols.
- OSHA safety rules and regulations.
- Excellent technical, problem-solving, and trouble-shooting ability.
- Excellent verbal, written, and telephone communication skills.
- Ability to work with little supervision but also a team player.
- Hard-worker and well-organized.
- Communicating orally and in writing with co-workers, and other departmental staff in order to give and receive information in a courteous manner.
- Operating and maintaining all assigned equipment required to perform the essential functions of the job including safely operating motor vehicles, trucks, forklifts, and personnel lifts. Responsible for keeping your truck and bins clean and neat.
Ability to: (Mental and Physical Abilities)
- Ability to learn and adapt to changing technology.
- Ability to comprehend and interpret floorplans, site plans, and other property blueprints.
- Ability to work from heights – Projects to service lighting poles or structures that are between 40 and 120 feet tall using aerial lifts or by climbing with approved fall protection equipment, in rare cases servicing heights of over 120 feet may be required.
- While performing the essential functions of this job the employee is frequently required to stand or sit for long periods of time; lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
What We Offer
- Health Insurance
- Eye and Dental Insurance
- Paid Time Off & Holidays
- 401(k) Plan (4% Match)
- Life Insurance Policy Options