Job Title: Project Manager
Job Openings Available: 1 Opening
Job Location: Fort Worth, Texas and/or Remote
Operating Area: Nationwide
Job Type: Full-Time
Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
We offer potential for: Signing Bonus and Bonus Pay
WLS Lighting Systems (“WLS”) is a nation-wide provider of exterior turnkey LED upgrades and is focused on growing our field operations team! We are passionate about our employees at WLS, and we proactively strive to ensure everyone understands their value to the team. We’re looking for new teammates that have experience in the installation and management of commercial lighting and controls systems. Under the general supervision of the COO, the Project Manager will manage day-to-day managerial operations while coordinating with vendors while they perform duties such as electrical maintenance, installation and repair of electrical services, branch circuits, and controls. Project Manager will need to build rapport with existing and future clients to fulfill their needs, quoting, and scheduling of projects.
Essential Job Functions
The duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties may be assigned based on the positions’ role within the business unit.
- Communicate with clients and electrical contractors to schedule lighting audits.
- Involved in the pre-planning and walk-through of projects while working with sales team on estimating and quoting jobs.
- Coordination of subcontractors.
- Conduct site surveys and project layouts.
- Establish and maintain a strong relationship with the client(s)
- Maintain communication with both field operations and management-level personnel.
- Create and/or maintain best practices to identify and incorporate cost-effective engineering solutions.
- Manage assigned work from start to close-out, covering all aspects related to work delivery to ensure that the work is conducted in a timely and effective manner.
- Apply strategies and negotiation skills to identify options and recommend solutions.
- Manage compliance with audit results and recommendations.
- Review project plans, requirements, and specifications.
- Prepare Requests for Proposal (RFP’s) and other project approval tools and templates.
- Adhere to and promote all company and departmental policies.
- Respond to emergency situations, as necessary.
- Perform related duties as assigned by management.
Any combination of education, training and experience as listed below which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Education: High School Diploma or GED required.
- Experience: At least two (2) years electrical experience in the installation, maintenance, and repair of industrial electrical equipment and devices.
- Must have a current and valid Texas driver’s license. (required)
- Requires prolonged periods of sitting at desk.
- Ability to travel periodically to local projects for site visits.
- Local and national electrical codes applicable to the maintenance, installation, and repair of designated facilities.
- Electrical safety rules, regulations, and protocols.
- Understanding of construction/contract industry language.
Skill & Abilities:
- Excellent technical, problem-solving, and trouble-shooting ability.
- Excellent verbal, written, and telephone communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to manage time efficiently.
- Hard-worker and well-organized.
- Communicating orally and in writing with co-workers, and other departmental staff in order to give and receive information in a courteous manner.
- Ability to learn and adapt to changing technology.
- Ability to comprehend and interpret floorplans, site plans, and other property blueprints.
- Ability to work with the customer and electrical contractors to develop and assist with lighting installations.
What We Offer
- Health Insurance
- Eye and Dental Insurance
- Paid Time Off & Holidays
- 401(k) Plan (4% Match)
- Life Insurance Policy Options